The Birth of Guidance
WELCOME & ORIENTATION
This page is private and may not be shared.
The following resources will afford you full access to the course.
Please save this page for your own reference.
Salām ʿalaykum. We warmly welcome you to our one-day online retreat via Zoom, ĀMINAH’S GIFT | The Birth of Guidance ﷺ. Your presence among us is an invaluable blessing and we look forward to hosting you all from the comfort of your own homes. This page is meant as a reference for all the links and resources you will need to gain full access to our program. The details below are private and may not be shared with anyone who has not registered for the program. Please read carefully, as the answers to frequently asked questions are herein provided.
- Join our WhatsApp group via THIS LINK in order to receive important notifications before and during the program, including potential modifications to the program schedule. This will be our primary mode of communication as opposed to email.
- Our live sessions are available through Zoom via THIS LINK, and if prompted, the password is salawat. Should you have trouble gaining access to our sessions, then please check your notifications and spam folders for an email from Zoom containing the link to our meetings. To avoid having to register anew for each session with Zoom, use the link in the email from Zoom.
- Sign up to participate in our communal khatm via THIS LINK.
- All sessions will be uploaded and accessible for later viewing on Lanturna’s YouTube channel via THIS LINK.
PLEASE READ THROUGH EACH TAB CAREFULLY
All sessions are according to Eastern Time and will be uploaded to a private YouTube playlist for convenient viewing. Please refresh this tab throughout the retreat to be abreast of possible minor adjustments to the schedule.
|SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1|
|1000 – 1015||Ḍuḥā Prayer|
|1015 – 1145||Personal recitation of ḥizb or juzʾ|
|1145 – 1200||Sūrat Yā Sīn|
|1200 – 1300||Session I|
|1300 – 1400||Ẓuhr & Lunch|
|1400 – 1500||Session II
|1500 – 1515||Break
|1515 – 1615||Session III|
|1615 – 1645||ʿAṣr & Break|
|1645 – 1715||Sūrat al-Wāqiʿah|
|1715 – 1745||Songs of Praise by Fes singer, Sīdī Ayoub El-Harrishi
|1745 – 1845||Session IV
|1845 – 1900||RINGS OF LIGHT | Duʿāʾ al-Khatm
Our teachers remind us to expose ourselves to the gentle breezes of our Compassionate Lord تعرضوا لنفحات الرحمن. We recommend the following to glean the greatest benefit from this program:
- Layered Intentions – Pen your intentions in order to best orient yourself to receive the knowledge that will be conveyed in the book and in each session.
- Lustration – Attend each class in a state of wuḍūʾ (ritual purity), for seeking knowledge is worship that radiates brighter when the soul is bathed in light.
- Devotional Practices – Throughout the program, commit to praying immediately as the time for each prayer enters, perform all your voluntary prayers, and recite Sūrat Yā Sīn by morning and Sūrat al-Mulk by evening. Perform qiyām al-layl (night vigil) at least one of those nights. And recite Sūrat al-Kahf Friday eve. These were among the consistent practices the Prophet ﷺ.
- Ambience – To the extent possible, set an ambience that befits hosting the greatest story ever told. You are encouraged to share your pictures to encourage others to do the same using the hashtag mentioned above.
- Personal Connection – Let us always remember that we are not merely scholastizing the subject at hand, rather, we are seeking transformation inwardly in our states and outwardly in our practice for the contentment of our Lord, Who bestows His gifts upon whomsoever He pleases without measure.
May Allah bless our intentions and grant us that intimacy with His Messenger ﷺ that will bring us life, love, and light in this world, and his companionship in the next. And may He bless and sanctify our beloved Prophet and his family and companions.
Our hearts were created to love, and Allah has gifted us with the quintessential object of love ﷺ, and bids us to join the divine and angelic ensemble who perpetually bless the Beloved ﷺ. Allah bids us إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا “Allah and His angels bless the Prophet. Bless him, O faithful, and salute him with salutations of peace!” (al-Aḥzāb 33:56).
One of the most rapturous expressions of love ever penned is Imām al-Jazūlī’s Dalāʾil al-Khayrāt by Imām al-Jazūlī (d. 870/1465) a seminal exposition of invocations to bless the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. His invocations are the most prominently recited the world over and have opened the hearts of countless generations to invite the Prophet ﷺ into the hearts that already belong to him. Rabīʿ al-Awwal is the month in which the Beloved ﷺ returned to his Lord, and our yearning for him during this month is all the more intense. Lanturna invites you and your families to join us in expressing our veneration of the Beloved ﷺ with the eloquent prayers of Imām al-Jazūlī’s blessed book of invocations.