JESUS | The Sun of Mary
WELCOME & ORIENTATION
This page is private and may not be shared.
The following resources will afford you full access to the course.
Please save this page for your own reference.
Salām ʿalaykum. We warmly welcome you to our one-day online retreat via Zoom, JESUS | The Sun of Mary. Your presence among us is an invaluable blessing and we look forward to hosting you all from the comfort of your own homes. This page is meant as a reference for all the links and resources you will need to gain full access to our program. The details below are private and may not be shared with anyone who has not registered for the program. Please read carefully, as the answers to frequently asked questions are herein provided.
- Join our WhatsApp group via THIS LINK in order to receive important notifications before and during the program, including potential modifications to the program schedule. This will be our primary mode of communication as opposed to email.
- Our live sessions are available through Zoom via THIS LINK, and if prompted, the password is maryam. Should you have trouble gaining access to our sessions, then please check your notifications and spam folders for an email from Zoom containing the link to our meetings. To avoid having to register anew for each session with Zoom, use the link in the email from Zoom.
- Sign up to participate in our communal khatm via THIS LINK.
- All sessions will be uploaded and accessible for later viewing on Lanturna’s YouTube channel via THIS LINK.
PLEASE READ THROUGH EACH TAB CAREFULLY
All sessions are according to Eastern Time and will be uploaded to a private YouTube playlist for convenient viewing. Please refresh this tab throughout the retreat to be abreast of possible minor adjustments to the schedule.
|SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16|
|1000 – 1015||Ḍuḥā Prayer|
|1015 – 1145||Personal recitation of ḥizb or juzʾ|
|1145 – 1200||Sūrat Yā Sīn|
|1200 – 1315||Session I – MARY | Paragon of Perfection|
|1315 – 1415||Ẓuhr & Lunch|
|1415 – 1530||Session II – The Gospel according to Muhammad ﷺ
|1530 – 1545||Break
|1545 – 1700||Session III – JESUS | The Red Letters|
|1700 – 1715||ʿAṣr|
|1715 – 1730||Sūrat al-Wāqiʿah|
|1730 – 1800||Songs of Praise by Fes singer, Sīdī Ayoub El-Harrishi
|1800 – 1815||Circle of Light
|1815 – 1830||Questions/Answers|
|1830 – 1845||RINGS OF LIGHT | Duʿāʾ al-Khatm|
Our teachers remind us to expose ourselves to the gentle breezes of our Compassionate Lord تعرضوا لنفحات الرحمن. We recommend the following to glean the greatest benefit from this program:
- Layered Intentions – Pen your intentions in order to best orient yourself to receive the knowledge that will be conveyed in the book and in each session.
- Lustration – Attend each class in a state of wuḍūʾ (ritual purity), for seeking knowledge is worship that radiates brighter when the soul is bathed in light.
- Devotional Practices – Throughout the program, commit to praying immediately as the time for each prayer enters, perform all your voluntary prayers, and recite Sūrat Yā Sīn by morning and Sūrat al-Mulk by evening. Perform qiyām al-layl (night vigil) at least one of those nights. And recite Sūrat al-Kahf Friday eve. These were among the consistent practices the Prophet ﷺ.
- Ambience – To the extent possible, set an ambience that befits hosting the greatest story ever told. You are encouraged to share your pictures to encourage others to do the same using the hashtag mentioned above.
- Personal Connection – Let us always remember that we are not merely scholastizing the subject at hand, rather, we are seeking transformation inwardly in our states and outwardly in our practice for the contentment of our Lord, Who bestows His gifts upon whomsoever He pleases without measure.
May Allah bless our intentions and grant us that intimacy with His Messenger ﷺ that will bring us life, love, and light in this world, and his companionship in the next. And may He bless and sanctify our beloved Prophet and his family and companions.
As the Son of Mary, he brought light; as the Sun of Mary, he brought fire. Those who knew him from afar felt the warmth of his radiance, while those who knew him intimately felt the heat of his flame. He was the lamb of God, he was the lion of God. Miraculous was his arrival, miraculous his sojourn, miraculous his departure. The whole of his life was enshrouded in mystery. He renounced this life to save his people, and will denounce his people to save himself in the next life. With one hand he healed the leper, with the other he whipped the money-changer. To follow him meant to do so immediately, and his was the way of truth and life, for no man could approach God except through him. Lanturna invites you and yours to become disciples of the Messiah, the Word of God, the Spirit of God, the Messenger of God, the Prophet of God, the Son of Mary, the Beloved of Muhammad ﷺ.